Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wacky/Scenic China

So.. back from Chinarr. Since I have neither the patience nor the complete picture set to paint an accurate portrait of my travels, I post here a more condensed and some may say, nuanced, reflection of China. 

1: I haven't seen Al Gore's An InconvenientTruth and all, but i think people generally believe that environment is one of those problems that has no quick fix and that it will take years for the Earth to adjust to all the plastic bottles thrown into its crevices. However, China has proved to me once and for all, that you can go from being forced to do your morning Taichi under a blanket of smog so thick that crows can blend into the sky...














to being able to enjoy a nice game of beach volleyball under a clear blue sky in just 1 Month Time. That is the difference from the first day I landed, to the second to last day of the Olympics. The Chinese are plenty godly in my book.













2: The new stadiums are Ridiculously good looking.
I think that's all I need to say really. Although I didn't get into the Water Cube, I was lucky enough to watch Track and Field from the box seats in the Bird's Nest (Thanx mom!). Tons of fun, and of course, the fastest human being in the world ever just had to be named Usain Lightning Bolt.


































3. The damn invasion started again. The Mongolians have come to break down the city (pronounced shitty) wall once again. Damn you Mongolians!












4. I like scenic stuff. This is the view from top of the Birds Nest, east of the Water Cube. There's a LOT of people of course, but it's also very organized and clean looking.











I miss the simpler times. When neon lights didn't line around the old rooftops for the sake of attracting more tourists at night. Sure, it may look pretty at night, but my picture looks more ugly because of it.











The Great Wall always looked nice.




















Last:
I can't be sad enough about this picture. I also think I stopped drinking water in China after seeing this. Lets me get a Sprite please.

No comments: